Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Customer Feedback/Complaints Procedure

Customer Feedback

If you are not happy with the quality of the service, which you have received from this Department or simply wish to make some suggestions for improving our services, please contact us directly. We welcome all feedback and will deal with your complaints/queries/suggestions in a timely and confidential manner.


If you want to make a complaint about any aspect of the service you have received from this Department, please follow the steps below. Please note that if your complaint relates to a service provided by a Local Authority/Agency under the aegis of the Department, then you should contact the relevant local authority/agency directly.

  • Step 1 - Make direct contact (in writing/by telephone/e-mail) with the person/section with whom you have been dealing in the Department giving as much detail as possible on the nature of your complaint.
  • Step 2 - If you are not satisfied with the response received from the above, you should contact our Quality Customer Service (QCS) Officer at:-

QCS Officer, Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Communications Unit, Custom House, Dublin  D01 W6X0.



If you feel that you have been unfairly treated or are not satisfied with our decision on your complaint, it is open to you to contact the Office of the Ombudsman. By law the Ombudsman can investigate complaints about any of our administrative actions or procedures as well as delays or inaction in your dealings with us. The Ombudsman provides a free, impartial and independent dispute resolution service.

Office of the Ombudsman
6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.

Tel: 01 639 5600
Website: Office of the Ombudsman 

Inquiry Officer under the Disability Act 2005

We have an Inquiry Officer to investigate complaints made under section 38 of the Disability Act.

You can make a complaint to the Inquiry Officer if you think we have not complied with sections 25, 26, 27 or 28 of the Disability Act 2005.

You can make a complaint in person, in writing, by phone, fax, e-mail. A complaint can also be made on your behalf if you authorise someone to act for you.

The Inquiry Officer will carry out investigations in private and will produce a report which will say:

  • if your complaint is valid and
  • whether there has been a failure by us concerning your complaint.

Where a failure has happened, it will outline the steps to be taken to ensure future compliance. This report will be made available to our Secretary General and to the person who makes the complaint.

The Inquiry Officer contact details are as follows:

Danny O'Sullivan, Facilities Management Unit, Email:

Comment Card

To help us monitor and improve our service to you, we would welcome and value your comments and suggestions for improvement.  You can either contact our QCS Officer as per the contact details outlined above or you can fill out our online comment card. The comment card is also available as a downloadable pdf or as a hard copy on request from any member of our staff..

Sub topic